Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'd Rather Be Blogging

It’s been really busy, “uber-busy” as they might say in Germany. August was a month of non-stop programs at work, fun programs, but time consuming ones. Come up with 6 hours of experiments on Color and Light, 6 hours of Entomology for 8 year olds, which worked out splendidly even though it rained throughout. The rain and cool weather had the poor Carpenter bees so chilled you could pick them up in your hands and warm them till they vibrated like some electrical toy! Very entertaining to 8 yr. olds.


Plus I even managed to take them to see Air Force One, a long story but worth telling some day. There were programs spun out from Eric Carle books, plus the more usual fare of frogs, snakes and forest trekking. Meanwhile, each day Nature was parading herself before me, offering blog idea after blog idea. However with no time to put them on paper, or on, what do we say, on little electronic blurbs in a box, they just stay rattling around in my mind, keeping me awake at night.

So here, at 4:30 in the morning, I am not actually writing a real blog, but just letting you know I wish I had time to, and hope too soon. Our official summer program ended yesterday and I had this fantasy that today would be a luxurious catch-up day, both at work and at home, but now, pesky little Earl is spinning his way our way and other things need to be tended to. Hadn’t scheduled in “battening down the hatches” but now perhaps I should.


More exciting than Earl arriving from the South, is the arrival of my daughter and granddaughter for a long awaited visit. I drive to Baltimore on Weds to meet them half way, then back to revel in taking Elena to beaches and ponds, woods and Story times etc.etc. Can’t wait to share with her the wonder of air that is full of swallows. Their numbers have been growing exponentially on the bog and soon they will make their move to the nearby beaches. And I know a spot at our pond where one scoop of the net will get you at least a dozen tadpoles. We will have a blast!

But first Earl. Which I suppose means: picking the rest of the tomatoes, moving all my deck plants out of harms way so it can still be a place of blooms and herbs when they come, going to the town well to fill all water jugs, filling bathtubs with water, freezing lots of ice and doing all things electrical that I can. “Uber” busyness continues. But of course, one of those electrical things I hope to do, is get some of these blogs out of my head and into the airwaves, computer waves- whatever they are called so that they will no longer keep me awake at night.

Stay tuned then kind reader, and lets see how much I do manage to accomplish in the two days I have. And if you happen to also have Earl at your doorstep, may your hatches stay battened!

No comments:

Post a Comment